Sea View on Greasby Road


When Sea View was built in 1898, the occupants could look north-west over the Moreton fields,
past Leasowe lighthouse, and see Liverpool Bay.



Sea View was built and occupied by Edgar and Gertrude Atkinson.  Their initials are displayed on the date stone over the front door.  The stone markings do not follow the common practice of placing the family surname initial at the centre of the letter group - in the case the surname initial has been placed at the end.  Originally the house stood alone until Edgar's brother built another property next door.


Today's vista is no longer of the coast -
the outlook from Sea View is now only of bungalows
and houses.



To view the sea now requires gaining height to see over the rooftops. 
This view across to Liverpool Bay is taken from alongside the Irby Mill pub.









Community Web Kit provided free by BT