Greasby on the Wirral peninsula
School Farm, Mill Lane
In 1636 William Glegg granted lands in Greasby, the rents of which were to be used to fund a schoolmaster at a new school which was built and named Calday Grange Grammar School.
The present farmhouse at School Farm is believed to have been built around 1740 although it displays a plaque showing “1636”.
The final image of the farmhouse shows a second storey being added to the single-storey extension in 2007.
Brownbill, ‘West Kirby & Hilbre’, 1928, p181 & p192
Community Web Kit provided free by BT